Greenville Center for Creative Arts (GCCA) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2015 by a dedicated group of artists, arts advocates, and community leaders. Located in the historic Brandon Mill in the Village of West Greenville, GCCA’s mission is to enrich the cultural fabric of the community through visual arts promotion, education, and inspiration. It is the only art center of its kind in the Greenville, SC area, specializing in hands-on visual arts instruction. GCCA offers art classes for all ages and skill levels, private artist studios, free high-profile public exhibitions, and innovative outreach programs for underserved children and young emerging artists. Its vision is to build an engine for creativity and community building that crosses boundaries and overcomes barriers.
GCCA has made its mark on the Greenville community and beyond, being named “One of Five Places to Visit in Greenville” by the New York Times.
With direct oversight from the Operations Manager, Summer Interns will be learning the day-to-day workings of a community arts non-profit during the summer months of the year. This is an opportunity to get insight and experience working on the administrative sides of Programs, Operations and The Shop at GCCA. Delve deeper into how GCCA organizes, manages, and implements events, classes and artist opportunities during one of the busiest times of the year. Summer Interns are expected to work in cooperation with Summer Art Camp Instructors, Summer Art Camp Assistants, and GCCA staff. This is an unpaid internship.
June 1st– August 31st, 2023
Federal Holidays Observed
Monday – Friday Open Hours, Exact schedule to be decided with Operations Manager based on Interns availability
Up to 20hrs per week
- Work with GCCA Program Director and Summer Art Camp instructors for Summer Camp needs on the administrative side
- Work with GCCA Operations Manager in scheduling volunteer shifts and opportunities
- Work with GCCA Visitor Experience Associate in updating Gift Shop inventory as new round of Artist’s start
- Model positive behavior and open communication with Summer Camp students
- Work with GCCA Staff in planning, organizing, and implementation of GCCA Membership Show Opening in August
- Work with Operations Manager on various building needs and issues
- Maintain a clean and organized area in the Main Gallery desk and kitchen
- Maintain and organize classroom supplies, making sure that supplies are clean and put away in the supply closet after daily camp and classes
- Organize and install Summer Art Camp Exhibition in August with Summer Art Camp Instructors
- End of Internship presentation during last Staff Meeting
- Previous experience working with children is helpful but not required
- Some college credit or work experience helpful but not required
- Minimum Junior in High School
- CPR and First Aid Certification a plus
- Ability to create a fun and inclusive atmosphere
- Ability to promote teamwork and a positive environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to create, monitor, and enforce standards of behavior
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A background check will be required before acceptance
- Practicing Artists will be able to have the opportunity to consign their work in the gift shop through out their internship
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Art School Opportunities
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Alicia Mizuno, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of position and name of applicant in the subject line of your email. If looking to apply for Gallery Internship please email cover letter and resume to our Gallery Director Ben Tarcson at email@example.com.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship. GCCA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and pluralistic team.